Article: Housing Associations

Article Body

We let homes on behalf of Barnsley Council. We do this through our Homeseeker housing register.

How do I apply for a housing association home? 

To be nominated to a Housing Association you must first join our Homeseeker housing register. Visit our Find A Home page for further information.

Where we have a right to nominate to a housing association vacancy we will  advertise the vacancy under our Homeseeker scheme. Visit our Homeseeker Vacant Properties page for current vacancies.

You can also apply direct to the Housing Association to join their registers. For details visit  Housing Association Useful Links.   

We make nominations in line with the Homeseeker Lettings Policy. So we will nominate the applicant with the highest priority for the area and property type and who has asked for a nomination.

The Housing Association will consider our nominations and if they accept our nomination they will contact you to offer you the property.