Find out more about Berneslai Homes Property Management Service below.
Our Property Management Service provides a lettings and management service for private landlords and is part of Berneslai Homes Ltd, the largest property management company in Barnsley. We provide a quality, value for money service from a not-for-profit company.
Berneslai Homes manage 18,745 tenancies on behalf of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council and also manage properties on behalf of Housing Associations and a number of private landlords.
The Property Management Service aims to meet the needs of the private landlord, maximise the potential income and ensure that the landlord and tenants are compliant with all current regulations. We can offer a wealth of experience and knowledge of the legal and regulatory requirements of housing management. This is backed up by staff from across the company who are all Barnsley based who provide specialist help and advice, which is unrivalled in the Barnsley rental agent market.
If you are a private landlord we can offer you a full range of management services including:
- Advising of rental potential
- Advising on property standards, checking for any repairs required to ensure the property is of a good standard and meets current legal requirements.
- Arranging Energy Performance Certificates.
- Advertising the property on our website, in the press and directly to suitable applicants.
- Conducting viewings and providing you with a shortlist of suitable tenants.
- Checking tenant references and running credit checks.
- Preparing tenancy agreements.
- Dealing with Bond requirements.
- Property schedule / inventory and photo records before tenancy start.
- Helping and checking whether new tenants complete council tax and other forms if appropriate.
- Management of rent collection and paying rent income to you.
- Dealing with repair requests from tenants and discussing them with you to provide a solution using your own contractors or one of our own.
- Annual gas service reminders.
- End of tenancy inspections.
- Managing tenancy issues and serving any legal notices required (excluding court fee)
- Negotiating and extending tenancies when required.
- Managing the vacant property should the tenancy end.
We can arrange for gas and electrical safety checks and other repairs, from a fixed price menu of common repair types. You will be invoiced directly by our contractor for this service.
Our fee for delivery of this service is 10% of the rental income collected plus VAT. We do not charge for tenancy set up. We may agree a reduced fee if you have a number of properties you wish us to manage, or if the monthly rent of a property is above £800.
Details of our proposal will be agreed with you and drawn up into a formal management agreement defining the terms of the arrangement.
We are in the process of introducing a web based management system for these properties which will:
- Enable you to view rent collection and fees on line.
- Allow your tenants to view their rent account on line.
- Provide for online communications.