Barnsley’s vaccine rollout is making fantastic progress so far. Over 170,000 people have had their first dose of the vaccine, and over 150,000 have had both doses. This is around 8 in 10 people across Barnsley having had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The vaccine gives you the best protection from the virus, regardless of your age or health. If you haven’t already, here’s why you should get your vaccine:
- To protect yourself, your loved ones and the wider community.
- To reduce the risk of getting seriously ill, long term health problems or dying from the virus, even in young and healthy people.
- To reduce your risk of catching and spreading COVID-19. Remember that being healthy doesn’t reduce the risk of catching COVID-19 or passing it on.
- To travel to another country and to attend events in the UK.
- To no longer have to self-isolate if you are a close contact that doesn’t have symptoms.
Anyone aged 16 and over can now get their vaccine. If you haven’t had the chance to get yours yet, there is still time!
- Book a local appointment online at www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine or call 119.
- Visit a walk-in clinic. No appointment is needed, and you don’t need to be registered with a GP. Dates and times of local walk-in clinics are added regularly and can be found at www.barnsleyccg.nhs.uk/covidvaccine
More information and guidance around the COVID-19 vaccine can be found below: