The council and Berneslai Homes will investigate and take action against any kind of fraud and corruption.
Tell us if you think someone’s committing fraud.
You can report it by filling in one of our online forms on this page:
- Report benefit fraud (investigated by the council)
- Report someone for fraudulently applying for or getting a council tenancy
- Report illegal occupation in a council property
- Report someone illegally subletting their council house
- Report someone not living in their council house
- Report any other council house fraud
You can report other types of fraud to the council using their online form for example:
Where people claim for a service or discount that they’re not entitled to, for example by:
- failing to register to pay council tax
- making a false application for a council tax discount, exemption or reduction
- claiming a single person discount when someone else lives in the property
- fraudulently redirecting monies intended for social care
- providing false information in a ‘right to buy’ application
Or you can e-mail the council’s fraud investigation team.
You don’t have to give your details, but it’s helpful if you do tell us your name and number. It will help our investigation if we can come back to you if we need more information from you.
Please give as much detail as you can, such as dates, full names, addresses, vehicle details, employment details.
We’ll look at all reported concerns. Not all of them will warrant a full investigation; we may be able to resolve some matters informally.
We’ll handle any information you provide sensitively and in confidence. Check how we handle your information.
We’ll always prosecute if we think that doing so is in the public interest.