Helping you make a choice…….
With around 8,000 people on the register, it’s often difficult for us to let you know how long you will be waiting to be rehoused as it depends on:
- your priority and waiting time;
- the area you want;
- the property type you want; and
- the demand from other people on the register.
We’ve published here all of the lettings we’ve made which tells you to following about the vacancy:
- the area,
- the street,
- the property type
- the priority band of the applicant
- the date they entered that band; and
- the number of people who applied.
This information can give you an idea of how popular a particular area of property type is and you can compare your priority and waiting time to the applicant who got the vacancy!
You can then decide whether to keep putting in for the same area or property types or if you need to look at different areas and property types.
We also publish the number and types of properties we have and how often they come available.
Please select from the dates at the side to see details of recently let properties.(The latest report is at the bottom of the list).
This information shows you the number and type of council owned properties Berneslai Homes manage and the number of each property type that has been relet in the last 12 months.
This information can help you decide:
- If we have the type of property you want in your preferred areas;
- If you need to consider widening your areas of choice;
- If council housing is a realistic option for you;
- If you need to consider other Housing Options including: Considering Housing Association Properties and the Private Rented Sector or Affordable Housing Options such as Shared Ownership.
You may need to be flexible and realistic about your chances of being rehoused. If you only consider certain areas where we have a low number of homes or a low turnover of vacancies you will be less likely to receive an offer, even if you are in a priority band.
There is very high demand for family and single person housing and larger age designated properties for older people.
If you widen your areas of choice and consider most property types the chances of being successful are likely to be increased
For details of the homes the council own in Barnsley and how many were let in the last year, download our Property Types (By Area) Report in the download section to the right.