Help if you’re feeling the squeeze  


We’re more than just a landlord and can offer you support if you’re feeling the squeeze, following the rising costs of living.

We can help you in a number of ways:

Contact our Income Team – this is your first point of contact and we ask you to contact us as soon as possible. We will look at your income and expenditure and set up affordable and sustainable payment arrangements to help you manage your rent.  You can contact our Income team by completing our online form or calling us on 01226 774613 / 774685.

Maximise your income – We will look to see if you’re getting all the benefits you’re entitled to and look at your employment income.  We may refer you to our Tenants First Service or European Social Fund Team.

Help you manage your debts – If you’ve multiple debt problems and other complex issues we’ll refer you to the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Household Support Grant Scheme this can offer you immediate financial support immediately with:

  • Food and household grants – If you get Local Council Tax Support (LCTS) you can submit one application for up to £200 in vouchers for food and household essentials.  The lead LCTS must complete the application either online via the e-form or by phoning 01226 772799. Vouchers can be requested in £50 vouchers for Asda, Tesco, Aldi (e-voucher only), Morrisons, Halfords, Argos or Currys and will be supplied by the third party by email or post.
  • Energy costs – If you get LCTS then you may be able to get help with arrears of gas and electricity through a discretionary fund managed by the Warm Homes team. Please complete the e-form to see if you are eligible.
  • Housing costs – the Housing Support fund is given to you if you’re struggling to pay your rent and at risk of legal action and you are in contact and engaging with us. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and all claims are made through the LWA process. Please choose option 5 – immediate assistance.

Discretionary Housing Payment – is another pot of money available for you if you get Housing Benefit or Universal Credit. We can help you pay towards the shortfall in rent as well as claim for any lump sum payments. Please note support is temporary to tie you over until your circumstances improve. We’d expect you to engage with us regularly for the long-term sustainability of your tenancy. To apply for this payment please complete the e-form.

Intense Tenancy Support Hub – Our Tenants First Service have staff who specialise in areas of support around finances, your mental health, and family support.  Please visit our Tenants First Service webpage for further information and how to contact us.