If you’re a secure tenant then you can carry out certain improvements or alterations to your home after obtaining our permission.
What improvements can I do?What improvements can’t I do?
Qualifying improvements are:
- Bath or shower
- Wash hand basin
- Kitchen sink
- Storage cupboards in bathroom or kitchen
- Work surfaces for food preparation
- Water and central heating systems, except installation of multi fuel/ log burning stoves
- Thermostatic radiator valves
- Insulation of pipes, water tank or cylinder
- Loft insulation
- Cavity wall insulation
- Draught proofing of external doors and windows
- Double glazing or other external window replacement or secondary glazing
- Rewiring of the provision of power and lighting or other electrical fittings including smoke detectors
- Any object which improves the security of the home but excludes burglar alarms
There are some improvements that we don’t allow you to do. These are:
- Anything that will reduce the value of the property
- Anything that will make the property less safe
- Anything that will result in additional cost to us
- Anything that includes removing things that we’ve provided to make the property suitable for occupants with medical needs
- Anything that does not comply with Berneslai Homes Policy i.e: Multi Fuel / Log Burning Stoves.