In the run up to the UN’s COP26 climate change conference, which takes place in Glasgow this November, Barnsley Council have organised some sustainability events. The events will highlight the work going on in Barnsley to tackle climate change and how we can all make our lives more sustainable.
Everyone is welcome to attend the events, which include online webinars and volunteering days, and focus on a variety of topics including saving money at home and the benefits of walking and cycling. Here’s a list of events:
- Go green and save money at home 5.30pm – Wednesday 6 October – book via Eventbrite
- Infant feeding and climate change 12pm – Wednesday 13 October – book via Eventbrite
- Energise Barnsley on decarbonising housing 5.30pm – Wednesday 13 October – book via Eventbrite
- Active travel: ‘Little changes, big impacts’ 5.30pm – Wednesday 20 October – book via Eventbrite
- Barnsley Council and climate change 5.30pm – Wednesday 27 October – book via Eventbrite
- Cannon Hall hedge trimming and habitat piles creation 9.30am to 3.30pm – Wednesday 10 November – book via Eventbrite
Keep an eye on Barnsley Council’s Sustainability and Climate Change Facebook page for additional events too.