You can report a repair to the communal areas of your flats to the Repairs Hotline by phoning 01226 787878. They will report the works and arrange to have any faults fixed. You must remember you have to pay your share of any repairs carried out on your block.
- All communal areas, shared doors and shared lighting.
- Staircases to flats and lifts.
- Shared gardens, garden paths, drying areas and shared rubbish areas.
- Structural walls and foundations.
- Chimneys, roofs and guttering.
- Door entry systems (where fitted).
- Service pipes and drains within the boundary of the property.
- Fire alarms and firefighting equipment.
- Shared TV aerial.
- Floorboards, internal plaster to walls and ceilings.
- Internal decoration including carpets and paintwork.
- Any water tanks serving the property alone.
- Sanitary fixtures and fittings.
- Window frames, external doors and frames and glass to windows.
- Plumbing and wiring inside the home.
Please note this list does not cover everything please refer to your lease or contact our Leasehold Team if you would like further information and advice.
Major Works – Occasionally more substantial work will need to be done on your block, such as painting, major roof repairs, a full window replacement scheme. This kind of work is planned in advance and we will advise you before any work is started, and ask you for your views.
We have written to you recently about our intention to tender out the repairs and maintenance contract. All repairs that are carried out to properties managed by Berneslai Homes are delivered through this contract.
The tender has now been completed Barnsley Council and NPS Barnsley and Wates Living Space (Maintenance) Ltd will be taking over the housing repairs, planned maintenance, improvement and environmental work currently undertaken by Kier. This will take effect from 1st April 2020 for ten years. Wates will operate in a third of the borough covering Wombwell, Hoyland and the Dearne. Please see our FAQ here for further information. Wates customers frequently asked questions (with a property in Wombwell, Hoyland and the Dearne).
The remaining two thirds of the Borough will continue to be undertaken in-house by Berneslai Homes Construction Services. Residents will see no change to the high levels of services they currently receive. Please see our Construction Services FAQ here.