Behind with your rent

It is important you let us know if you are not keeping up with your rent. We can help you:

  • We will make sure that you are getting all the benefits you are allowed.
  • We will sort a manageable repayment agreement with you to pay your rent and clear your arrears.
  • We may refer you to our Tenant Support Team for help in seeking financial and¬†social support.
  • We may refer you to our independent Money Advice Worker who can help people¬†with complex multiple debt issues.

It is important that you get in touch us as soon as possible, while your arrears are small and still manageable. It is never too late to sort out a re-payment arrangement; but the later you leave it conditions will be applied. For instance you may be asked to pay a lump sum off any arrears to stop us seeking a court order or carrying out an eviction.

If you have a secure tenancy and don’t contact us or come up with a payment arrangement we will serve you with a Notice of Seeking Possession (NOSP). If you have an introductory tenancy we will serve you with a Notice of Possession Proceedings (NOPP).

If you need help then please contact us