What if I disagree with my rent charge?

Yes, you can appeal by:

  • Completing this online form
  • ringing 01226 775555; or
  • Writing to us at Berneslai Homes, Rents, PO Box 627, Barnsley, S70 9FZ.

Your appeal must be against the way we have worked out your rent and not, for example, about any repair work or Housing Benefit. If you appeal, you must continue to pay your rent while we consider your appeal. If your appeal is successful we will refund any rent you have overpaid since the date of your appeal.

If we do not agree with your appeal we will ask the District Valuation Officer to review the rent we charge. However, this valuation may be higher and we would then have to increase your rent further.