Here’s how you can make a compliment, complaint or a suggestion.
Please tell us if you want to pass on a compliment or say thanks to our staff, it’s nice to know that we are doing a good job. We can also learn from and build on the good things.
We pass on any compliments we receive to the relevant staff and their manager and will send you a letter thanking you for your compliment, and our Chief Executive will write to the member of staff you are complimenting.
You can make a compliment by
- Completing our online form
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Ringing us on 01226 775555
We really welcome your suggestions. As a customer you are in the best position to tell us how we can improve our service.
We will confirm we have received your suggestion. We consider all suggestions and will contact you to give you feedback.
If you would like to make a suggestion you can:
Complete our online form
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your complaints. Not only so we can try to sort your problem out, but if needed, we can improve our services and change how we do things in the future.
You can make a complaint by:
When we’ve received your complaint, we’ll write to you and tell you who is looking into things for you and how to contact them.
If you have already complained informally, and your problem has not been sorted out, you can contact the Customer Services Team to register a stage 1 formal complaint.
Stage 1 complaint
The Customer Services Team will register your complaint and pass it to the manager of the service you are complaining about to investigate. We will write to you within 2 days of receiving your complaint to tell you:
- that we have got your complaint;
- who is dealing with your complaint;
- how you can contact the person dealing with your complaint; and
- when you will receive a response.
We will then investigate your complaint and reply to you within 10 working days. If you are unhappy with this response, you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed by the Customer Services Team at stage 2 of our procedure.
Stage 2 complaint
The Customer Services Team will investigate your complaint and will:
- review the action taken so far;
- contact you to discuss your complaint and gather any extra information needed;
- contact our staff to gather extra information;
- consider the evidence, and then
- pass the findings to the Director who is responsible for that service who will make a final decision.
We will then respond to you in writing. Our target for responding to stage 2 complaints is 15 working days.
After you have gone through both stages of our complaints procedure, you can complain to the Housing Ombudsman. But before you contact them, you must have either:
- asked a ‘designated person’ (see below) to help sort out your complaint; or
- waited eight weeks after we sent you our stage-two response letter.
A designated person will either try to sort out the complaint on your behalf or refer it straight to the Ombudsman. If they refuse to do either, you can contact the Ombudsman direct. A designated person could include:
- A local councillor.
- An MP.
For details of how to contact a local councillor or your MP, visit www.barnsley.gov.uk or phone the council on 01226 770770.
You can contact them direct by:
- Phoning 0300 111 3000
- email: email@example.com
- writing to them at Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ.