General Enquiries 01226 775555
(Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and Saturday 8am – 1pm).
Phone us about: rent, housing benefit or insurance; the Maintaining the Barnsley Homes Standard programme (our programme for improving homes); problems on your estate such as vandalism, antisocial behaviour; your tenancy; ending your tenancy; your housing application; mutual exchanges; renting a garage; making a complaint, comment or compliment; and warden service.
Repairs Hotline on 01226 787878
(24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Phone us to order, cancel or ask about a repair that you have ordered but has not been completed; make or change an appointment for a repair; or comment on the quality of a repair.
You can report repairs out of normal office hours but we will only come out to you if it is an emergency.
Contact your Housing Management Officer (HMO)
Most things can be sorted out by using the main General Enquiry phone number – 01226 775555. But there may be occasions when you want to contact your HMO direct. We’ve published details of how to contact your HMO
101 – The police non-emergency number
You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. You should always call 999 when it is an emergency.
Our telephone answering standards ensure that we deliver excellent telephony services.
What are our standards?
We promise our customers that we will:
- answer phones between our core hours which are:
- Repairs Hotline 787878, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- General enquiries line 775555, Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm; and Saturday morning 8am to 1pm. Lines are closed bank holidays.
- Berneslai Homes Monday to Thursday 8.45am until 5pm and Friday 8.45 am to 4.30pm. Lines are closed bank holidays.
- answer 80% of phone calls within 15 seconds;
- answer at least 95% of all calls;
- not put customers on hold for longer than 2 minutes;
- return all phone messages within 1 working day; and
- introduce the company and ourselves when we answer the phone.
Berneslai Homes Telephone Greeting
All incoming calls on either mobile or landlines (excluding 787878 and 775555) should be answered with the following greeting:
“Good Morning/Good Afternoon Berneslai Homes – (Name) speaking.”
Voicemails and answer phones on Berneslai Homes landlines
The answer phone greeting must be personalised and give:
- the company name;
- your name;
- when you will be able to return the call;
- an urgent contact; and
- what details they need to leave so that you can call them back.
An example of a good answer phone message is below:
“Hello. You are through to Berneslai Homes and I am “Your Name”.
I am sorry I am unable to take your call just now. Please leave your name, your address and your telephone number after the tone and I promise to phone you back within the next 1 working day.
If you enquiry is urgent please phone our office on ???????????. I repeat ???????????. Thank you”